Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blog #2

Introductions: It is important to keep in mind the tricks and strategies that can help to create good, efficient writing and introductions. This piece gave helpful, easy ways that people can create distinctively creative and hooking introduction paragraphs. What I enjoyed from this piece was that the author told the audience that his purpose in writing the guide was help the students who cringe at the thought of writing and starting drafts. The fact that the author gave his/her audience clear and defined final points at the end made this piece very strong in my eyes, as I tend to become overwhelmed with long informative pieces. The points to keep in mind were concise, informative, and creative ways to help the audience become more competent introduction writers.
Beginnings and Endings: For this piece, I found it very helpful that the author gave more than a dozen suggestions on how to start your essay. He or she did not just talk at the audience, but instead gave ways that may help in the process of essay lead-ins. For me, I can relate to being stuck on a certain sentence or thought, not being able to completely get across what I'm trying to say. These tricks are great tools in selecting the right introduction for a piece. I also suffer from being a poor thesis writer, so for me, these tips seem like good ways to help clarify ideas and in turn make an effective thesis statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment